The Tribal Development Department (TDD) supports approximately 6 lakh tribal students studying in 1108 ashram schools and 490 hostels of Maharashtra. This project is aimed at and conceived based on the fundamental belief that all these tribal children are well on the road of getting good quality education, can and must learn at much higher levels — we will be looking at 2 schools to create model school akin with best school in the country. The project’s main components are:
- Clearly defined, in measurable terms, expectations for what students need to know and be able to do to succeed in school, in the workplace and in life.
- Focuses on results, measuring and reporting student, school and system performance so that students, teachers, parents and the public can understand and act on the information.
- Bases consequences for policymakers, educators, and students on demonstrated performance.
- Meaningful preparation and continuous learning for teachers and administrators that drives improved teaching, learning and school management.
- Freedom of action and resources necessary for high performance and true accountability.
- Enables parents to support the learning process, influence schools and make choices about their children’s education.
- Provides high-quality pre-kindergarten education for disadvantaged children.
- Uses technology to broaden access to knowledge and to improve learning and productivity.
- Provides a safe, well-disciplined and caring environment for student learning.
Provide a framework for fixing priorities and determining objectives;
>Orient educational systems in accordance with needs of social, economic and cultural development;
>Allow the best possible use to be made of these resources attributed to education.
The aim is to ensure the best educational conditions possible, while keeping costs down to a reasonable level. Considerations will be given to maximize fixing of various parameters, such as: the number of study hours per week and their distribution by subject, the number of pupils per class and their division into smaller groups for certain activities (in workshops, laboratories, etc.); normal length of time for which premises should be used and the qualitative possibilities of introducing digital optimization within teachers’ working hours and the extent of their specialization. Given such parameters, standard sizes need to be fixed which will enable the institutions to be run with full utilization of premises and teachers.
Project – Diagnosis
Present demand – Enrolments, Enrolment rate, Pupil flow
Existing supply – Buildings & equipment Staff Curriculum Costs & financing
Future demand Projections of the school-age population, Projections of the new intake in the school system Enrolment projections
Future requirements; Premises, equipment and staff requirements
Future curriculum Costs & financing
Balance of future supply and demand
Different solutions according to the levels and types of education, and areas
We distinguish three main categories of resources: Teachers, Buildings and Equipment. We shall examine both how these contribute to the quality of all educational services and how best they are used in the most effective way possible.
- Building capacity of school in terms of their needs (e.g., Infrastructure, IT etc.) as per plan
- Fulfilling educational needs of students.
- Motivating students to prepare for competitive exams, providing necessary support & creating atmosphere for the same.
- Providing platform to develop extra circular activities.
- Holistic development of students with different initiatives.
- Making students capable & ready for future.
- Need Assessment – We will be responsible for mapping the assessment and submit report of all the necessities and a plan of their execution along with timeline
- Base line study (As-in situation) – To be submitted
- Defining Output, Outcomes to achieve expected impact – target student and class wise improvement plan including Training, materials, educational planning, administration and facilities
- Implementation of project to fulfill various needs
- IT related support/ modern tool of learning
- Interventions to improve basic & advance level of education (English/Mathematics/Science etc.)
- Physical & mental health of students
- Scholarships etc.
- Monthly reporting – Yes
- Creating scope for employee volunteering – Yes
- Branding – a detailed plan will be shared
Schools-(Sample below – can be any District in Maharashtra)
Tribal Development Department Adivasi Ashram School Nandore District Palghar
Govt. Ashram School & Jr. College, Nandore, Taluka & Dist. Palghar – 401405
- Total No of student: 702
- Classrooms: Ist to 12th standard.
- Medium of instruction: Marathi
Z.P. School Navali District Palghar
Navali, (Palghar East), Post, Taluka, Dist. Palghar- 401404
- No of schools housed in building: 01
- 1st to 8th Grade
- No of classroom: 14
- Medium of instruction: Marathi
- Total No of student: 538
Proposed Intervention Plan:-
- Smart Classrooms as per Maharashtra Board
- Upgrade Science Laboratory
- Upgrade Library
- Academic atmosphere improvement under volunteer engagement
- Teacher evaluation cum Training programme
- Students IQ mapping test- entry level
- Counseling for students, parents and teachers
- Refurbishing: Library, laboratory, reading room, staff room, stage and hall
- Garden developed
- Garbage Disposal
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Bio-Toilets upgradation
- Boundary wall built higher
- New gate, new main door, and school sign board
- Sports events
- Cultural events
- Debates, quizzes, essay competition, others
- Exit level Plan